Scianta Analytics End User License Agreement
SCIANTA ANALYTICS SOFTWARE
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
THIS SCIANTA ANALYTICS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) GOVERNS THE LICENSING, INSTALLATION AND USE OF SCIANTA ANALYTICS SOFTWARE. BY DOWNLOADING AND/OR INSTALLING SCIANTA ANALYTICS SOFTWARE: (a) you are indicating that you have read and understand this Agreement, and agree to be legally bound by it on behalf of the company, GOVERNMENT, or other entity for which you are acting (for example, as an employee OR GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL) or, if there is no company, GOVERNMENT or other entity for which you are acting, on behalf of yourself as an individual; and (b) you represent and warrant that you have the authority to act on behalf of and bind SUCH company, GOVERNMENT OR OTHER ENTITY (if any).
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU (AND YOUR ENTITY, IF ANY) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY SUBMITTING AN ORDER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, AN ONLINE ORDER, FOR THE SCIANTA ANALYTICS SOFTWARE, YOU (AND YOUR ENTITY (IF ANY)) HAVE AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
Terms used in this Agreement, “Scianta Analytics,” refers to Scianta Analytics LLC., a Florida Limited Liability Company, with its principal place of business at 1730 S Federal Hwy, Suite #333, Delray Beach, Florida 33483, U.S.A.; and “Customer” refers to the company, government, or other entity on whose behalf you have entered into this Agreement or, if there is no such entity, you as an individual.
1. DEFINITIONS. Capitalized terms used but not otherwise defined in this Agreement have the meanings set forth in Exhibit A.
2. LICENSE GRANTS
2.1 Purchased Software. Subject to Customer’s compliance with this Agreement, including Customer’s timely payment of all License Fees, Scianta Analytics grants to Customer a nonexclusive, worldwide, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license during the applicable Term to install and use the Purchased Software within the Licensed Capacity solely for Customer’s Internal Business Purposes.
2.2 Evaluation Software. If the applicable Order, including an online download, specifies that any Software is provided under an evaluation license or a free trial license, then subject to Customer’s compliance with this Agreement, Scianta Analytics grants to Customer a nonexclusive, worldwide, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license during the applicable Term to install and use the Evaluation Software within the Licensed Capacity solely for evaluating whether Customer wishes to purchase a commercial license for such Software. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Scianta Analytics does not provide maintenance and support (Section 7), warranty (Section 10), or indemnification (Section 13) with respect to Evaluation Software.
2.3 Test and Development Software. If the applicable Order specifies that any Software is provided under a test and development license, then subject to Customer’s compliance with this Agreement, Scianta Analytics grants to Customer a nonexclusive, worldwide, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license during the applicable Term to install and use the Test and Development Software within the Licensed Capacity in a non-production system used for software product migration testing, software product pre-production staging, testing new data sources, types or use cases, or other non-production use. In no way should the Test and Development Software be used for any revenue generation, commercial activity or other productive business or purpose. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Scianta Analytics does not provide warranty (Section 10), or indemnification (Section 13) with respect to the Test and Development Software.
2.4 Free Software. Scianta Analytics may make certain Software available for license without charge, and such Free Software may have limited features, functions, duration or other limitations of any kind. Subject to Customer’s compliance with this Agreement, Scianta Analytics grants to Customer a nonexclusive, worldwide, nontransferable, nonsublicensable license during the applicable Term to install and use the Free Software within the Licensed Capacity solely for Customer’s Internal Business Purposes. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Scianta Analytics does not provide maintenance and support (Section 7), warranty (Section 10), or indemnification (Section 13) with respect to Free Software.
2.5 Content Subscription. When the applicable Order, including online download, specifies a Content Subscription service as elected by Customer, Scianta Analytics will deliver or otherwise make available the applicable Content Subscription service to Customer during the subscription period, and subject to Customer’s compliance with this Agreement (including Customer’s timely payment of all applicable Content Subscription Fees), Scianta Analytics grants to such Customer a nonexclusive, worldwide, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license during the applicable subscription period to install and use the subscribed content solely in connection with the designated Purchased Software and solely for Customer’s Internal Business Purposes. Such content will be treated as Purchased Software under this Agreement except that Section 10 (Warranty) will not apply.
2.6 Scianta Analytics Extensions. Subject to Customer’s compliance with this Agreement, including Customer’s timely payment of all License Fees (if any), Scianta Analytics grants to Customer a nonexclusive, worldwide, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license to use Scianta Analytics Extensions solely in connection with applicable Software that Customer has licensed from Scianta Analytics, subject to the same limitations and restrictions (including with respect to Term and Licensed Capacity) that apply to the Software with which the Scianta Analytics Extensions are used. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if any Scianta Analytics Extension is provided to Customer under a separate license agreement that grants Customer more permissive or broader rights with respect to such Scianta Analytics Extension (e.g., a separate license agreement that is provided to Customer as part of the download process for such Scianta Analytics Extension), then that separate license agreement, and not this Agreement, will govern Customer’s installation and use of such Scianta Analytics Extension (but, for clarity, this Agreement will apply to all other Scianta Analytics Extensions).
2.7 Customer Extensions. Subject to Customer’s compliance with this Agreement, Scianta Analytics grants to Customer a nonexclusive, worldwide, nontransferable, nonsublicensable license (a) to copy, modify and use the Scianta Analytics Developer Tools solely to develop Extensions for use with the designated Software or Scianta Analytics Extension (“Customer Extensions”), including to support interoperability between the Software or Scianta Analytics Extension and Customer’s system or environment and (b) to distribute the Customer Extensions exclusively for the use with the designated Software or Scianta Analytics Extension. The foregoing license is subject to the following conditions: (x) Scianta Analytics proprietary legends or notices contained in the Scianta Analytics Developer Tools may not be removed or altered when used in or with the Customer Extension; and (y) Customer may not make any statement that Customer Extension is certified (unless it is duly certified by Scianta Analytics through the Scianta Analytics App Certification Program) or that its performance is guaranteed by Scianta Analytics. Customer retains title to the Customer Extensions, subject to Scianta Analytics’s ownership set forth in Section 5. If Customer allows end users of Customer Extensions to modify or distribute the Customer Extensions, Customer shall limit such modification or distribution to use with the designated Software or Scianta Analytics Extension only, and will flow down the conditions in (x) and (y) above to end users of Customer Extensions. Customer agrees to assume full responsibility for the performance and distribution of Customer Extensions.
2.8 Open Source Software. Customer acknowledges that certain Software may contain Open Source Software. Open Source Software may be identified in the end user documentation or in a list of the Open Source Software provided to Customer upon Customer’s written request. Any Open Source Software that is delivered to Customer as part of Purchased Software, and which may not be taken out of the Purchased Software or used separately from the Purchased Software is covered by the warranty, support and indemnification provisions applicable to Purchased Software. Customer acknowledges that specific terms required by the respective licensor of the Open Source Software may apply to the use of Open Source Software, which terms shall be included in the documentation; however, these terms will not: (a) impose any additional restrictions on Customer’s use of the Software, or (b) negate or amend Scianta Analytics’ responsibilities with respect to Purchased Software.
3. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. Unless otherwise expressly permitted by Scianta Analytics, Customer will not and Customer has no right to: (a) copy any Scianta Analytics Materials (except as required to run the Software and for reasonable backup purposes); (b) modify, adapt, or create derivative works of any Scianta Analytics Materials; (c) rent, lease, loan, resell, transfer, sublicense, distribute, disclose or otherwise provide any Scianta Analytics Materials to any third party; (d) decompile, disassemble or reverse-engineer any Scianta Analytics Materials, or determine or attempt to determine any source code, algorithms, methods or techniques embodied in any Scianta Analytics Materials, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding a contractual prohibition to the contrary; (e) access or use any Disabled Materials; (f) provide to any third party the results of any benchmark tests or other evaluation of any Scianta Analytics Materials without Scianta Analytics’ prior written consent; (g) attempt to disable or circumvent any license key or other technological mechanisms or measures intended to prevent, limit or control use or copying of, or access to, any Scianta Analytics Materials (including in order to gain access to any Disabled Materials); (h) remove or obscure any copyright, trademark, patent, or other proprietary notices, legends or symbols from any Scianta Analytics Materials; (i) exceed the Licensed Capacity or violate other license limitations identified in Exhibit B or elsewhere in this Agreement; (j) separately use any of the applicable features and functionalities of the Scianta Analytics Materials with external applications or code not furnished by Scianta Analytics or any data not processed by the Software, except otherwise specifically permitted in the Documentation; (k) otherwise access or use any Scianta Analytics Materials except as expressly authorized in this Agreement; or (l) encourage or assist any third party to do any of the foregoing. Customer acknowledges that the Software may be configured to display warnings, reduce available functionality, and/or cease functioning if unauthorized or improper use is detected, including if the Term expires or the Licensed Capacity is reached or exceeded.
4. SERVICE PROVIDERS. Customer may permit its authorized consultants, contractors, and agents (“Service Providers”) to access and use the Software solely on Customer’s behalf in connection with providing services to Customer, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Any such access or use by a Service Provider will be subject to the same limitations and restrictions that apply to Customer under this Agreement, and Customer will be jointly and severally liable for any Service Provider’s actions relating to or use of the Software. For avoidance of doubt, the aggregate use by Customer and all of its Service Providers must not exceed the Licensed Capacity and nothing in this Section 4 is intended to or will be deemed to increase any Licensed Capacity.
5. OWNERSHIP. Scianta Analytics, its suppliers and/or licensors own all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Scianta Analytics Materials, including all related Intellectual Property Rights. Except for the licenses expressly granted to Customer in Section 2, Customer will not acquire or claim any right, title or interest in or to any Scianta Analytics Materials or related Intellectual Property Rights, whether by implication, operation of law or otherwise. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Software is licensed, not sold, to Customer. To the extent that Customer provides any Feedback, Customer grants to Scianta Analytics a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, fully paid-up right and license to use and commercially exploit the Feedback in any manner Scianta Analytics deems fit.
6. LICENSE AND SUBSCRIPTION FEES. Customer will pay all license fees set forth in the Order (the “License Fees”) for the Software delivered to Customer no later than thirty (30) days after the date of Scianta Analytics’ applicable invoice. Customer will also pay all content subscription fees as may be applicable to the Purchased Software, as identified in the Order (the “Content Subscription Fees”, collectively together with License Fees, the “Fees”). Without limitation of Scianta Analytics’ other termination rights, if Customer fails to pay the Fees when due, then Scianta Analytics may terminate this Agreement and all licenses granted hereunder by notice to Customer. All Fees are non-refundable once paid. Any fees and payment terms for Scianta Analytics Extensions not included in the Order will be as set forth on the download page for such Scianta Analytics Extensions.
7. MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT. If Customer has purchased support and maintenance for the Purchased Software as set forth in the Order (the “Support Services”), then Scianta Analytics will provide the level of support and maintenance included in the Order in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in Exhibit C.
8. CONFIGURATION SERVICES. Subject to Customer’s payment of applicable fees, Scianta Analytics will provide the deployment, usage assistance, configuration, and/or training services (if any) set forth in the Order (the “Professional Services”) in accordance with Scianta Analytics’ standard professional services terms and conditions, which terms and conditions are hereby incorporated by reference and made a part of this Agreement.
9. SOFTWARE VERIFICATION AND AUDIT. At Scianta Analytics’ request, Customer will furnish Scianta Analytics with a certification signed by Customer’s authorized representative verifying that the Software is being used in accordance with this Agreement and the applicable Order. Also, if Customer has purchased an offering that requires usage reporting as identified in the Order, Customer agrees to provide such reporting pursuant to the requirements set forth by Scianta Analytics. Upon at least ten (10) days’ prior written notice to Customer, Scianta Analytics may audit Customer’s (and its Service Providers’) use of the Software to ensure that Customer (and such Service Providers) are in compliance with this Agreement and the applicable Order. Any such audit will be conducted during regular business hours at Customer’s (and/or its Service Providers) facilities, will not unreasonably interfere with Customer’s (or its Service Providers’) business and will comply with Customer’s (or its Service Providers’) reasonable security procedures. Customer will (and will ensure that its Service Providers) provide Scianta Analytics with reasonable access to all relevant records and facilities reasonably necessary to conduct the audit. If an audit reveals that Customer (and/or any Service Provider) has exceeded the Licensed Capacity or the scope of Customer’s license grant during the period audited, then Scianta Analytics will invoice Customer, and Customer will promptly pay Scianta Analytics any underpaid Fees based on Scianta Analytics’ price list in effect at the time the audit is completed. If the excess usage exceeds ten percent (10%) of the Licensed Capacity, then Customer will also pay Scianta Analytics’ reasonable costs of conducting the audit. Customer will ensure that its Service Providers provide Scianta Analytics with the access described in this Section 9. This Section 9 will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement for a period of three (3) years.
10. WARRANTY. Scianta Analytics warrants that for a period of thirty (30) days from the Delivery of Purchased Software, the Purchased Software will substantially perform the material functions described in Scianta Analytics’ user documentation for such Purchased Software, when used in accordance with the user documentation. The sole liability of Scianta Analytics (and its Affiliates and suppliers/licensors), and Customer’s sole remedy, for any failure of the Purchased Software to conform to the foregoing warranty, is for Scianta Analytics to do one of the following (at Scianta Analytics’ sole option and discretion): (a) modify, or provide an Enhancement for, the Purchased Software so that it conforms to the foregoing warranty, (b) replace Customer’s copy of the Purchased Software with a copy that conforms to the foregoing warranty, or (c) terminate the license with respect to the non-conforming Purchased Software and refund the License Fees paid by Customer for such non-conforming Purchased Software. All warranty claims must be made by written notice from Customer to Scianta Analytics on or before the expiration of the warranty period, as detailed in Section 23.2 below.
11. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN SECTION 10 ABOVE, THE SCIANTA ANALYTICS MATERIALS, OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE, THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SUPPORT SERVICES AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SCIANTA ANALYTICS AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN SECTION 10, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SCIANTA ANALYTICS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR SECURE, OR THAT ALL DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: (A) SCIANTA ANALYTICS AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS (INCLUDING AUTHORIZED PARTNERS AS DEFINED IN SECTION 21 BELOW) AND LICENSORS (THE “SCIANTA ANALYTICS ENTITIES”) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR COSTS OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF; AND (B) SCIANTA ANALYTICS ENTITIES’ TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY CUSTOMER TO SCIANTA ANALYTICS FOR THE PURCHASED SOFTWARE IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY, IN EACH OF THE FOREGOING CASES (A) AND (B), REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM CONTRACT, INDEMNIFICATION, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SCIANTA ANALYTICS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. IN ADDITION, CUSTOMER, AND NOT SCIANTA ANALYTICS, IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, QUALITY AND SECURITY OF CUSTOMER’S DATA AND FOR MAINTAINING A BACKUP OF ALL SUCH DATA, AND FOR ENSURING THE SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF CUSTOMER’S (AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDER’S) DATA, COMPUTERS, NETWORKS AND SYSTEMS (INCLUDING WITH RESPECT TO PROTECTING AGAINST VIRUSES AND MALWARE).
13. INDEMNITY. Scianta Analytics will defend Customer against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding brought against Customer by a third party alleging that Purchased Software infringes or misappropriates such third party’s Intellectual Property Rights (“Claim”), and Scianta Analytics will pay all damages finally awarded against Customer by a court of competent jurisdiction as a result of such Claim, subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Scianta Analytics has no obligation to indemnify Customer with respect to: (a) use of the Purchased Software in a manner that is not permitted under the Agreement or that is inconsistent with Scianta Analytics’ applicable user documentation; (b) modifications to the Scianta Analytics Materials made by anyone other than Scianta Analytics; (c) the combination of Software with hardware or software not made by Scianta Analytics, or with third-party services, processes or materials where the infringement or misappropriation would not occur but for such combination; (d) Customer’s continued use of the Purchased Software or other allegedly infringing activity after receiving notice of the alleged infringement; or (e) any version of the Purchased Software that is no longer supported by Scianta Analytics ((a) through (e), collectively, “Excluded Matters”). If an applicable Claim is made or appears likely to be made, Scianta Analytics may, at its option and expense, modify the affected Purchased Software so that it is non-infringing, or replace it with substantially functionally equivalent software. If Scianta Analytics determines that neither is reasonably feasible, Scianta Analytics may terminate Customer’s applicable license and refund Customer a pro rata refund of the Fees previously paid by Customer, which will be calculated using the remainder of the license term (beginning with the date of Scianta Analytics’ receipt of notice of the applicable Claim), or if the Purchased Software is licensed under a perpetual license, a refund of Fees previously paid by Customer, less straight-line depreciation on a three-year basis from the Delivery of the applicable Software. The obligations set forth in this Section constitute Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, and Scianta Analytics’ entire liability, with respect to any Claims that the Purchased Software infringes any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights. Customer will defend Scianta Analytics against any Claim brought against Scianta Analytics by a third party arising out of or relating to any Excluded Matter or any Customer Extension, and Customer will pay all damages finally awarded against Scianta Analytics by a court of competent jurisdiction as a result of such Claim. Each party’s indemnity obligations set forth in this Section 13 are conditioned upon the party seeking indemnification (x) providing prompt written notice to the other party of the applicable Claim; (y) giving the indemnifying party sole control of the defense and/or settlement of the Claim, except that: (i) the indemnified party may participate in the defense with counsel of its choice at its own expense, and (ii) the indemnifying party will not agree to any settlement that imposes a material obligation on the indemnified party without the indemnified party’s prior written consent (not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed), and (z) providing reasonable cooperation and assistance in the defense and negotiations.
14. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
14.1 Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” means any technical or business information, ideas, materials, know-how or other subject matter that is disclosed by one party to the other party that: (a) if disclosed in writing, is marked “confidential” or “proprietary” at the time of such disclosure; (b) if disclosed orally, is identified as “confidential” or “proprietary” at the time of such disclosure, and is summarized in a writing sent by the disclosing party to the receiving party within thirty (30) days after any such disclosure; or (c) under the circumstances, a person exercising reasonable business judgment would understand to be confidential or proprietary. Confidential Information of Scianta Analytics will include the Scianta Analytics Materials (including any license keys).
14.2 Use and Disclosure Restrictions. The party receiving Confidential Information (“Recipient”) agrees: (a) to maintain the Confidential Information of the party disclosing such information (the “Discloser”) in strict confidence; (b) not to disclose such Confidential Information to any third parties; and (c) not to use any such Confidential Information for any purpose other than to exercise its rights or perform its obligations under this Agreement. Recipient will treat Confidential Information of the Discloser with the same degree of care as it accords to its own Confidential Information, but in no event with less than reasonable care. Recipient may disclose the Confidential Information of Discloser to its directors, officers, employees, and subcontractors (collectively, “Representatives”), who have a bona fide need to know such Confidential Information, provided that each such Representative is bound by a legal obligation as protective of the other party’s Confidential Information as those set forth herein. Recipient’s obligations under this Section 14 will continue in effect for a period of three (3) years from the date of last disclosure of Confidential Information by Discloser, except that Customer’s obligations under this Section 14 will continue in effect in perpetuity with respect to Scianta Analytics Materials.
14.3 Exclusions. The obligations of Recipient under Section 14.1 will not apply to any Confidential Information that: (a) is now or thereafter becomes generally known or available to the public, through no act or omission on the part of Recipient (or any of its Representatives, Affiliates, or agents) or any third party subject to any use or disclosure restrictions with respect to such Confidential Information; (b) was known by or lawfully in the possession of Recipient, prior to receiving such information from Discloser, without restriction as to use or disclosure; (c) is rightfully acquired by Recipient from a third party who has the right to disclose it and who provides it without restriction as to use or disclosure; or (d) is independently developed by Recipient without access, use or reference to any Confidential Information of Discloser.
14.4 Required Disclosures. The provisions of Section 14.1 will not restrict Recipient from disclosing Discloser’s Confidential Information to the extent required by any law or regulation or compelled by a court or administrative agency of competent jurisdiction, provided that, to the extent permissible under law, Recipient uses reasonable efforts to give Discloser advance notice of such required disclosure in order to enable Discloser to prevent or limit disclosure.
14.5 Return or Destruction of Confidential Information. Upon termination of the Agreement or support and maintenance, Recipient will promptly return to Discloser or, at Discloser’s option, destroy all tangible items and embodiments containing or consisting of Discloser’s Confidential Information and all copies thereof and provide written certification of such destruction or return by an authorized person.
14.6 Injunctive Relief. Recipient agrees that, due to the unique nature of the Confidential Information, the unauthorized disclosure or use of the Confidential Information will cause irreparable harm and significant injury to Discloser, the extent of which will be difficult to ascertain and for which there will be no adequate remedy at law. Accordingly, Recipient agrees that Discloser, in addition to any other available remedies, will have the right to an immediate injunction and other equitable relief enjoining any breach or threatened breach of this Section 14, without the necessity of posting any bond or other security. Recipient will notify Discloser in writing immediately upon Recipient’s becoming aware of any such breach or threatened breach.
15. TERM. This Agreement will commence upon Scianta Analytics’ first Delivery of the Software specified in the Order (or, Scianta Analytics’ other initial delivery of the Software to Customer) and will remain in effect until the expiration of the applicable Software license term, unless earlier terminated pursuant to Section 16 (the “Term”). For the avoidance of doubt, termination of a license term shall not affect the term of any other licenses applicable to other Scianta Analytics products and services that Customer has purchased. Further, termination of a Content Subscription shall not affect the term of the base license applicable to the Software that Customer has purchased.
15.1 Purchased Software, etc. Unless otherwise indicated in the Order, the Term for Purchased Software, Free Software, Scianta Analytics Extensions and Scianta Analytics Developer Tools, if applicable, will continue indefinitely, unless and until terminated pursuant to Section 16. If the Order indicates a Term of a specific duration for any of the foregoing, the licenses granted to Customer for such Purchased Software or Free Software will terminate automatically upon expiration of such Term. Upon expiration of any Term, the applicable Software will stop working automatically.
15.2 Evaluation Software. If Customer is granted a license for Evaluation Software, then the Term for such Evaluation Software will be specified in the Order or with the license key. If no such term is specified, the Term for Evaluation Software is thirty (30) days from the date the license key is delivered. Any license keys provided for Evaluation Software will automatically expire and cause the Evaluation Software to become non-operational at the end of the Term. If Customer wishes to use the Evaluation Software after the Term expires, then Customer must obtain the applicable paid license.
16. TERMINATION. Either party may terminate this Agreement by written notice to the other party if the other party materially breaches this Agreement and does not cure the breach within thirty (30) days of receiving written notice of the breach pursuant to Section 23.2 below. In addition, Scianta Analytics may immediately terminate this Agreement (in whole or in part, including with respect to any Term) by written notice to Customer (a) if Customer materially breaches Section 3, and (b) as set forth in Section 6. Scianta Analytics may also terminate Customer’s license to any Evaluation Software at any time with or without cause, by notice to Customer. If Customer is the Government, then termination terms and conditions will be governed by 48 C.F.R. § 52.212-4. Upon any expiration or termination of this Agreement, the rights and licenses granted to Customer hereunder will automatically terminate, and Customer agrees to cease immediately using the Scianta Analytics Materials and to return or destroy all copies of the Scianta Analytics Materials and other Scianta Analytics Confidential Information in Customer’s possession or control, and certify in writing the completion of such return or destruction in accordance with Section14.5. Upon termination of this Agreement, Scianta Analytics will have no obligation to refund any Fees or other amounts received from Customer during the Term, and notwithstanding any early termination above, Customer shall still be required to pay all Fees payable under an Order (i.e., no such early termination shall relieve Customer of its obligations to pay all Fees payable under an Order) unless otherwise provided in this Agreement. Termination of Support and Maintenance Terms and Conditions due to Scianta Analytics’s breach is provided in Section 3.2 of Exhibit C. Section 1 (Definitions), Section 5 (Ownership), Section 9 (Software Verification and Audit), Section 11 (Warranty Disclaimer), Section 12 (Limitation of Liability), Section 13 (Indemnity), Section 14 (Confidentiality), Section 16 (Termination) and Sections 17 (Export) through 23 (General) will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
17. EXPORT. Customer will comply fully with all relevant export laws and regulations of the United States and any other country (“Export Laws”) where Customer uses any of the Scianta Analytics Materials. Customer certifies that Customer is not on any of the relevant U.S. government lists of prohibited persons, including the Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and the Commerce Department’s List of Denied Persons or Entity List. Customer further certifies that Customer will not export, re-export, ship, transfer or otherwise use the Scianta Analytics Materials in any country subject to an embargo or other sanction by the United States, and that Customer will not use the Scianta Analytics Materials for any purpose prohibited by the Export Laws, including, but not limited to, nuclear, chemical, missile or biological weapons related end uses.
18. GOVERNMENT END USER RIGHTS. Customer acknowledges that all Scianta Analytics Materials were developed entirely at private expense and that no part of the Scianta Analytics Materials was first produced in the performance of a government contract. Customer agrees that all Scianta Analytics Materials and any derivatives thereof are “Commercial Items” as defined in 48 C.F.R. § 2.101, and if Customer is the Government, then such use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure or transfer of this commercial product and data, is restricted in accordance with 48 C.F.R. § 12.211, 48 C.F.R. § 12.212, 48 C.F.R. § 227.7102-2, and 48 C.F.R. § 227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. § 12.211, 48 C.F.R. § 12.212, 48 C.F.R. § 227.7102-1 through 48 C.F.R. § 227.7102-3, and 48 C.F.R. §§ 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Scianta Analytics Materials are licensed to Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other users pursuant to this Agreement and any related agreement(s), as applicable. Accordingly, Customer will have no rights in the Scianta Analytics Materials except as expressly agreed to in writing by Customer and Scianta Analytics.
19. PUBLICITY. Customer agrees that Scianta Analytics may publish a brief description of Customer’s deployment of the Software and identify Customer as a Scianta Analytics customer on any of Scianta Analytics’ websites, client lists, press releases, and/or other marketing materials.
20. THIRD PARTY CONTENT DISCLAIMER. Certain Extensions and other materials available for download on Scianta Analytics websites are developed and/or provided by third parties (“Third-Party Content”). Scianta Analytics makes such Third-Party Content available for download on Scianta Analytics websites as a convenience to its customers, but Scianta Analytics neither controls nor endorses, nor is Scianta Analytics responsible for, any Third-Party Content, including the accuracy, integrity, quality, legality, usefulness or safety of Third-Party Content. Certain Third-Party Content may, among other things, be inaccurate, nonfunctional, infringing or dangerous. Nothing in this Agreement or on Scianta Analytics websites will be deemed to be a representation or warranty by Scianta Analytics with respect to any Third-Party Content, even if a particular Extension or other item of Third-Party Content is identified as “certified” for use with Software. Scianta Analytics has no obligation to monitor Third-Party Content, and Scianta Analytics may block or disable access to any Third-Party Content at any time. In addition, the availability of any Third-Party Content through Scianta Analytics websites does not imply Scianta Analytics’ endorsement of, or affiliation with, any provider of such Third-Party Content, nor does such availability create any legal relationship between Customer and any such provider. Customer’s use of Third-Party Content is at Customer’s own risk and may be subject to any additional terms, conditions and policies applicable to such Third-Party Content (such as license terms, terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of such Third-Party Content).
21. AUTHORIZED PARTNERS. If Customer acquired the Software through an authorized reseller, partner or OEM of Scianta Analytics (“Authorized Partner”) then, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement: (a) Customer’s use of the Software is subject to any additional terms in the agreement provided by the Authorized Partner; (b) Customer agrees to pay the Authorized Partner the Fees and other applicable fees, and Customer will have no direct Fee payment obligations to Scianta Analytics for such Software; (c) Customer’s agreement with the Authorized Partner is between Customer and the Authorized Partner and is not binding on Scianta Analytics; and (d) Scianta Analytics may terminate this Agreement (including Customer’s right to use the Software) if Scianta Analytics does not receive payment for Customer’s use of the Software from the Authorized Partner or if Customer breaches any term of this Agreement. If Customer’s warranty and support terms stated in its agreement with the Authorized Partner are different from those set forth in this Agreement, then such different terms are solely between Customer and the Authorized Partner and Scianta Analytics will have no obligations to Customer under this Agreement with respect to such different terms. Except as set forth in the preceding sentence, if there is any conflict or inconsistency between this Agreement and Customer’s agreement with Authorized Partner, then this Agreement will control (and will resolve such inconsistency) as between Scianta Analytics and Customer.
22. CHOICE OF LAW AND DISPUTES. Unless Customer is the Government, this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, as if performed wholly within the state and without giving effect to the conflicts of law principles of any jurisdiction or the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. Any legal action or proceeding arising under this Agreement will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Delray Beach, Florida, and the parties hereby consent to personal jurisdiction and venue therein (except that Scianta Analytics may seek injunctive relief to prevent improper or unauthorized use or disclosure of any Scianta Analytics Materials in any court of competent jurisdiction). If Customer is the Government, this Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Contract Disputes Act of 1978, as amended (41 U.S.C. §§ 7101-7109). Failure of the parties to reach agreement on any request for equitable adjustment, claim, appeal, or action arising under or relating to this Agreement will be a dispute to be resolved in accordance with the clause at 48 C.F.R § 52.233-1, which is incorporated in this Agreement by reference.
23.1 Purchase Order. Customer’s issuance of a purchase order for Scianta Software constitutes acceptance of this Agreement notwithstanding anything to the contrary in such purchase order. If any purchase order contains any terms or conditions that are different from or additional to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, then Scianta Analytics expressly rejects such different or additional terms and conditions, and such different or additional terms and conditions will not become a part of the agreement between the parties notwithstanding any subsequent acknowledgement, invoice or license key that Scianta Analytics may issue.
23.2 Notices. All notices required or permitted under this Agreement will be in writing and delivered in person, by confirmed facsimile transmission, by overnight delivery service, or by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid with return receipt requested, and in each instance will be deemed given upon receipt. All communications will be sent to the addresses set forth in the applicable Order or to such other address as may be specified by either party to the other party in accordance with this Section.
23.3 Assignment. Customer may not assign, delegate or transfer this Agreement, in whole or in part, by agreement, operation of law or otherwise without the prior written consent of Scianta Analytics. Scianta Analytics may assign this Agreement in whole or in part to an Affiliate or in connection with an internal reorganization or a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of Scianta Analytics’ assets to which this Agreement relates. Scianta Analytics may also assign its rights to receive payment due as a result of performance of this Agreement to a bank, trust company, or other financing institution, including any federal lending agency in accordance with the Assignment of Claims Act (31 U.S.C. § 3727) and may assign this Agreement in accordance with the provisions at 48 C.F.R § 42.12, as applicable. Any attempt to assign this Agreement other than as permitted herein will be null and void. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties’ permitted successors and assigns.
23.4 Rights and Remedies. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement, the rights and remedies of either party as set forth in this Agreement are not exclusive and are in addition to any other rights and remedies now or hereafter provided by law or at equity.
23.5 Waiver; Severability. The waiver by either party of a breach of or a default under this Agreement will not be effective unless in writing. The failure by either party to enforce any provisions of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any other right hereunder or of any subsequent enforcement of that or any other provisions. If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect, and the provision affected will be construed so as to be enforceable to the maximum extent permissible by law.
23.6 Interpretation. For purposes of interpreting this Agreement, (a) unless the context otherwise requires, the singular includes the plural, and the plural includes the singular; (b) unless otherwise specifically stated, the words “herein,” “hereof,” and “hereunder” and other words of similar import refer to this Agreement as a whole and not to any particular section or paragraph; (c) the words “include” and “including” will not be construed as terms of limitation, and will therefore mean “including but not limited to” and “including without limitation”; (d) unless otherwise specifically stated, the words “writing” or “written” mean preserved or presented in retrievable or reproducible form, whether electronic (including email but excluding voice mail) or hard copy; (e) the captions and section and paragraph headings used in this Agreement are inserted for convenience only and will not affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement; and (f) the references herein to the parties will refer to their permitted successors and assigns.
23.8 Integration; Entire Agreement. This Agreement along with any additional terms incorporated herein by reference, including the Order and the Exhibits hereto, constitute the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between the parties and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and understandings, written or oral, relating to their subject matter. Any waiver, modification or amendment of any provision of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of both parties. Any terms and conditions contained or referenced by either party in a quote, purchase order, acceptance, invoice or any similar document purporting to modify the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement will be disregarded and have no effect unless otherwise expressly agreed to by the parties in accordance with the preceding sentence.
- “Affiliate,” with respect to a party, means a corporation, partnership or other entity controlling, controlled by or under common control with such party, but only so long as such control continues to exist. For purposes of this definition, “control” means ownership, directly or indirectly, of greater than fifty percent (50%) of the voting rights in such entity (or, in the case of a non-corporate entity, equivalent rights).
- “Authorized Partner” has the meaning set forth in Section 21.
- “Claim” has the meaning set forth in Section 13.
- “Confidential Information” has the meaning set forth in Section 14.1.
- “Content Subscription” means certain entitlement for Customer to receive a collection of updated contents applicable to the Purchased Software (such as models, rules and configurations, as further described in the relevant end user documentation for the Purchased Software) on a periodic basis for the duration of the subscription period. This can be purchased as an add-on service to the term license or perpetual license to the applicable Purchased Software as identified in the Order.
- “Content Subscription Fees” has the meaning set forth in Section 6.
- “Customer Extensions” has the meaning set forth in Section 2.7.
- “Delivery” means the date of Scianta Analytics’ initial delivery of the license key for the applicable Software or otherwise making the applicable Software available for download by Customer.
- “Disabled Materials” means certain materials (including programs, modules or components, functionality, features, documentation, content or other materials) that may be contained in or provided with the Software as part of the delivery mechanism used by Scianta Analytics, but that are disabled or hidden in Customer’s setting, because Customer either: (a) does not have the relevant license or license key, or (b) has not paid the applicable Fees, for those materials.
- “Enhancements” means any updates, upgrades, releases, fixes, enhancements or modifications to the Purchased Software made generally commercially available by Scianta Analytics to its support customers under the terms and conditions set forth in Exhibit C .
- “Evaluation Software” means Software that is specified in an Order as provided under an evaluation license or a free trial license.
- “Excluded Matters” has the meaning set forth in Section 13.
- “Extension” means any separately downloadable suite, configuration file, add-on, technical add-on, example module, command, function or application that extends the features or functionality of the applicable Software.
- “Feedback” means all suggestions for improvement or enhancement, recommendations, comments, opinions, code, input, ideas, reports, information, know-how or other feedback provided by Customer (whether in oral, electronic or written form) to Scianta Analytics in connection with Scianta Analytics’ Software. Feedback does not include any data, results or output created or generated by Customer using the Software, unless specifically submitted or communicated by Customer to Scianta Analytics as part of the Feedback.
- “Free Software” means Software that is specified in an Order as provided to Customer without charge (other than Evaluation Software).
- “Government” means an agency, department, or instrumentality of the United States government.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights, whether registered or unregistered.
- “Internal Business Purpose” means Customer’s use for its own internal business operations on Customer’s systems, networks and devices with Customer’s data. Such use does not include use by Customer on a service bureau basis or otherwise to provide services to, or process data for, any third party.
- “Licensed Capacity” means the maximum usage of the Software (e.g., aggregate daily volume of data indexed, based on source types, number of Nodes, number of monitored accounts, number of users, etc.) that is permitted under the type of license included in the applicable Order. The Licensed Capacity associated with each Purchased Software is set forth in Exhibit B .
- “License Fees” has the meaning set forth in Section 6.
- “Open Source Software” means software or similar subject matter that is distributed under an open source license such as (by way of example only) the GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public License, Apache License, Mozilla Public License, BSD License, MIT License, Common Public License, any derivative of any of the foregoing licenses, or any other license approved as an open source license by the Open Source Initiative.
- “Order” means Scianta Analytics’ quote, statement of work, or ordering document accepted by Customer or Customer’s purchase order or other ordering document submitted to Scianta Analytics (directly or indirectly through an Authorized Partner) to order Scianta Analytics Materials or services, which references the products, services, pricing and other applicable terms set forth in an applicable Scianta Analytics quote or ordering document. “Order” also includes the customer’s download of Scianta Analytics Materials from Scianta Analytics website(s).
- “Professional Services” has the meaning set forth in Section 8.
- “Purchased Software” means Software that is licensed to Customer and for which Customer has paid a License Fee to Scianta Analytics, whether directly or through an Authorized Partner.
- “Service Providers” has the meaning set forth in Section 4.
- “Scianta Analytics Website(s)” means Scianta Analytics’ online Internet-based software delivery system and any and all successors, replacements, new versions, derivatives, updates and upgrades thereto.
- “Scianta Analytics Developer Tool” means the standard application programming interface or configuration and related materials identified and provided by Scianta Analytics for and with the applicable Software to enable the creation of Extensions or otherwise support interoperability between the Software and Customer’s system or environment.
- “Scianta Analytics Extensions” means Extensions or Content Packs made available through Scianta Analytics Website(s) that are identified on Scianta Analytics Website(s) as published by Scianta Analytics (and not by any third party).
- “Scianta Analytics Materials” mean the Software, Software license keys, Scianta Analytics Developer Tools, Scianta Analytics Extensions Scianta Analytics Content Packs and end user documentation relating to the foregoing.
- “Software” means the Software products listed in an Order and any Enhancements thereto made available to Customer by Scianta Analytics.
- “Support Fees” has the meaning set forth in Exhibit C .
- “Support Services” has the meaning set forth in Section 7.
- “Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 15.
- “Test and Development Software” means Software that is specified in an Order as provided under a test and development license.
- “Third-Party Content” has the meaning set forth in Section 20.
The Licensed Capacity and other license limitations associated with each Purchased Software can be found here: https://scianta.com/licensed-capacity
SCIANTA ANALYTICS LLC
SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Customer agrees that the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) will govern the delivery of any support and/or maintenance services by Scianta Analytics (“Support”) listed on an Order entered into pursuant to the Software License Agreement (the “Agreement”) to which these Terms and Conditions are attached and made a part thereof. Subject to Customer’s termination rights set forth in the Agreement, ordering any Support from Scianta Analytics or any Authorized Partner indicates Customer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are effective upon receipt and confirmation of acceptance of Customer’s purchase order by Scianta Analytics or an Authorized Partner (the “Effective Date”).
1. DEFINITIONS. Unless otherwise defined in these Terms and Conditions, capitalized terms have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
2. SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE.
2.1 Services. Subject to Customer’s timely payment of the applicable annual Support fees set forth in the Order (the “Support Fees”), Scianta Analytics will provide the level of Support identified in the Order in accordance with the Support descriptions set forth below. No other maintenance or support for the Software is included.
2.2 Support Fees. Support Fees will be due and payable in accordance with the Order. Scianta Analytics will notify (electronically or otherwise) Customer of the then-current annual Support Fee for Customer’s level of Support in each notice of term renewal. Support Fees are non-refundable once paid.
2.2.1 Term License Orders. Support Fees are included with all Term License Orders. Support Fees will be considered paid up to date if all due Term License payments are received by Scianta Analytics with 30 days of the latest due date. Failure to pay Term License payments when due will result in Termination of the license and corresponding included Support, as specified in Sections 3.1-3.4 below.
2.3 Exclusions. Scianta Analytics will have no obligation of any kind to provide Support for issues caused by or arising out of any of the following (each, a “Licensee-Generated Error”): (i) modifications to the Software not made by Scianta Analytics; (ii) use of the Software other than as authorized in the Agreement or as provided in the documentation for the Software; (iii) damage to the machine on which the Software is installed; (iv) Customer’s continued failure to use the Software without reference to the documentation; (v) versions of the Software other than the Supported Version (defined in Section 2.6.8); (vi) third-party products not expressly supported by Scianta Analytics and described in the documentation; or (vii) conflicts related to replacing or installing hardware, drivers, and software that are not expressly supported by Scianta Analytics and described in the documentation. If Scianta Analytics determines that support for an issue caused by a Licensee-Generated Error, Scianta Analytics will notify Customer as soon as reasonably possible under the circumstances. If Customer agrees that Scianta Analytics should provide support for the Licensee-Generated Error via a confirming email, then Scianta Analytics will have the right to invoice Customer at Scianta Analytics’s then-current time and materials rates for any such support provided by Scianta Analytics.
2.4 Support for Scianta Analytics Extensions. Subject to Customer’s payment of the applicable annual Support Fees, if Customer are a licensee of a Scianta Analytics Extension supported by Scianta Analytics, Scianta Analytics will provide an Initial Response and Acknowledgement in accordance with P3 terms as described in Section 2.6.3 below. Updates for the Software will be provided when made available. No other sections in these Terms and Conditions apply to Scianta Analytics Extensions.
2.5 Restrictions. Support is delivered only in English unless Customer is in a location where Scianta Analytics has made localized Support available.
2.6 Support Descriptions.
|Enterprise Support||Global Support|
|P1: 24 x 7||P1: 24 x 7|
|P2: Monday through Friday by region (North America, APAC and EMEA) during standard business hours (8 am to 5 pm); excluding Scianta Analytics holidays||P2: 24 hours per day during the five business days (Monday through Friday), excluding Scianta Analytics holidays|
|P3: Monday through Friday by region (North America, APAC and EMEA) during standard business hours (8 am to 5 pm); excluding Scianta Analytics holidays||P3: 24 hours per day during the five business days (Monday through Friday), excluding Scianta Analytics holidays|
|P4: Monday through Friday by region (North America, APAC and EMEA) during standard business hours (8 am to 5 pm); excluding Scianta Analytics holidays||P4: Monday through Friday by region (North America, APAC and EMEA) during standard business hours (8 am to 5 pm); excluding Scianta Analytics holidays|
2.6.1 Scianta Analytics Support. Customer’s Order will identify the level of Support Customer purchases for the applicable Purchased Software. A summary of the different support programs and levels are described here: https://scianta.com/support-levels. Support cases are handled based on case priority levels as described in Section 2.6.2. When submitting a case, Customer will select the priority for initial response by logging the case online, in accordance with the priority guidelines set forth in Section 2.6.2. When the case is received, Scianta Analytics Support may change the priority if the issue does not conform to the criteria for the selected priority and will provide Customer with notice (electronic or otherwise) of such change.
2.6.2 Case Priority Levels. Case priorities are assigned based on the technical importance of the problem on Customer’s Scianta Analytics environment.
|P1 = A production installation of Purchased Software is completely inaccessible or the majority of its functionality is unusable.|
|P2 = One or more key features of Purchased Software are unusable.|
P3 = Any other case where a Purchased Software feature is not operating as documented.
P4 = General questions and requests for enhancements to the Purchased Software.
2.6.3 Target Fix, Workaround, Escalation and Response Times.
|Initial Response & Acknowledgment,|
by case priority
|Targeted Fix Date or Workaround,|
by case priority
|P1: 4 hours||P1: 1 day|
|P2: Next business day||P2: 1 week|
|P3: Two business days||P3: Next release|
|P4: Two business days||P4: At Scianta Analytics’s discretion|
by case priority
|Status Updates for Open Cases,|
by case priority
|P1: Manager: Immediate / VP: 1 business day||P1: Daily|
|P2: Manager: 1 business day / VP: 1 week||P2: Weekly|
|P3: VP Product Management reviews all open bugs quarterly||P3: None|
|P4: VP Product Management reviews all enhancement requests quarterly||P4: None|
2.6.4 Authorized Support Contacts. Support will be provided solely to the authorized individual(s) specified by Customer that Scianta Analytics will communicate with that individual(s) when providing Support (“Support Contacts”). Scianta Analytics strongly recommends that Customer’s Support Contact(s) be trained on the Purchased Software. Customer’s Order will indicate a maximum number of authorized Support Contacts for Customer’s license level. Customer will be asked to designate Customer’s authorized support contacts, including their primary email address and Scianta Analytics.com login ID, following Scianta Analytics’ acknowledgment of Customer’s Order.
2.6.5 Defect Resolution. Should Scianta Analytics in its sole judgment determine that there is a defect in the Purchased Software, it will, at its sole option, repair that defect in the version of the Software that Customer is currently using or instruct Customer to install a newer version of the Software with that defect repaired. Scianta Analytics reserves the right to provide Customer with a workaround in lieu of fixing a defect should it in its sole judgment determine that it is more effective to do so.
2.6.6 Support Hours. Support is provided via telephone, email and web portal. Support will be delivered by a member of Scianta Analytics’ technical support team during the regional hours of operation listed below.
2.6.7 Customer’s Obligation to Assist. Should Customer report a purported defect in the Purchased Software to Scianta Analytics, Scianta Analytics may require Customer to provide them with the following information: (a) a general description of the operating environment, (b) a list of all hardware components, operating systems and networks, (c) a reproducible test case, and (d) any log files, trace and systems files. Customer’s failure to provide this information may prevent Scianta Analytics from identifying and fixing that purported defect.
2.6.8 Software Upgrades and Software Support Policy. When available, Scianta Analytics provides updates, upgrades, maintenance releases and reset keys only to Scianta Analytics Support
2.7 Changes in Support and Software. Subject to Section 2.6.8, Customer acknowledges that Scianta Analytics has the right to discontinue the manufacture and development of any Software and the Support for any Software, including the distribution of older Software versions, at any time in its sole discretion, provided that Scianta Analytics agrees not to discontinue Support for the Software during the current annual term of these Terms and Conditions, subject to the termination provisions herein. Scianta Analytics reserves the right to alter Support from time to time, using reasonable discretion but in no event will such alterations result in (i) diminished support from the level of Support set forth herein; (ii) materially diminished obligations for Scianta Analytics; (iii) materially diminished Customer’s rights; or (iv) higher Support Fees during the then-current term. Scianta Analytics will provide Customer with thirty (30) days’ prior written notice (delivered electronically or otherwise) of any permitted material changes to the Support contemplated herein.
3. TERM AND TERMINATION.
3.1 Term. These Terms and Conditions will commence on the Delivery date and, unless terminated earlier in accordance with the terms of the Agreement, for a period of one (1) year (or for term purchased if different than one year) thereafter (the “Initial Term”). The agreement will automatically renew for additional one (1)-year terms (or for term purchased if different than one year) (each, a “Renewal Term,” and the Initial Term, collectively with any and all Renewal Terms, will be referred to as the “Support Term”), unless either party provides the other (or if purchased through an Authorized Partner, Customer provides the Authorized Partner) with written notice of its intent not to renew the agreement at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the then-current Initial Term or Renewal Term. Customer must purchase and/or renew Support for all of the licenses for a particular Software product. If the Support Term lapses, Customer may seek to re-activate Support by submitting a purchase order that includes fees for the lapsed period plus a reinstatement fee.
3.2 Monthly Payment of Term License Fees. If the Order includes a Monthly Payment option for either a one year or three year Term License Commitment, payments are to be delivered to and received by Scianta Analytics within ten calendar days of the beginning day of each month. Failure to deliver to Scianta Analytics any monthly payment within this period will be considered a material breach of this Agreement. Upon such Breach, Scianta Analytics may, at its sole discretion, terminate the License and any included Support.
3.3 Termination. Either party may terminate this Agreement by written notice to the other party if the other party materially breaches this Agreement and does not cure the breach within thirty (30) days of receiving notice of the breach. If Customer terminates the Agreement for Scianta Analytics’ uncured material breach of the support and maintenance terms set forth here in Exhibit C , then Scianta Analytics will refund any unused prepaid fees to Customer as Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy.
3.4 Removal of Software Upon Termination. Upon Termination, Customer shall uninstall all copies of the Scianta Analytics Software and shall cease using it immediately.
4. FORCE MAJEURE. Scianta Analytics will not be responsible for any failure or delay in its performance under these Terms and Conditions due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, labor disputes, strikes, lockouts, shortages of or inability to obtain labor, energy, raw materials or supplies, war, acts of terror, riot, acts of God or governmental action.